Spanish Language 4
Academic year 2017-2018
The module is available to students who have taken Spanish Language 2A or Spanish Language 2B and is designed to continue at an advanced level the development of language skills in spoken and written Spanish, especially the discussion of social and cultural issues and the analysis of meaning and style in short texts and audiovisual materials. To build upon skills developed during the year abroad, there is an emphasis on communication strategies, developed by means of debates and simulations.
- Moreno, Concha (2008), Temas de gramática: nivel superior, 2nd ed., Madrid: SGEL.
You will need a good full-sized dictionary and an up-to-date grammar manual. The following publications are particularly recommended:
- Butt, John, & Carmen Benjamin (2011), A New Reference Grammar of Modern Spanish, 5th ed., London: Edward Arnold
- DeBruyne, Jacques (1996), A Comprehensive Spanish Grammar, Wiley-Blackwell
- Oxford Spanish Dictionary, 4th ed. (2008), Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Collins Spanish Dictionary: Complete and Unabridged, 9th ed. (2009), Glasgow: Collins
Dr Penelope Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org), room ER234, Elvet Riverside II
Further details of pre-requisites, co-requisites, aims, contact hours and assessment.