Go to the MLAC staff pages
Dr Binghan Zheng - all publications
- 2012 Choice-making in the Process of English-Chinese Translation: An Empirical Study, Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, 377 pp.
Chapter in book
- 2018 (co-authored with Vandepitte, Sonia Jooken,Lieve & Maier,Robert M.) 'Chapter 6.1. Linguistics', in D’hulst, Lieven & Gambier, Yves (eds.), A History of Modern Translation Knowledge Sources, concepts, effects, John Benjamins, pp. 357-366
- 2017 (co-authored with Xiang, Xia) 'The Psycholinguistics of Chinese Translation', in Shei, C. & Gao, Z. (eds.), Routledge Handbook of Chinese Translation, London and New York: Routledge, pp. 291-306
- 2014 (co-authored with Xiang,Xia) 'Revisiting the Function of Background Information in Sight Translating Metaphor: An Analysis of Translation Product and Process', in Musolff, A., MacArthur, F. & Pagani, G. (eds.), Metaphor and Intercultural Communication, Bloomsbury Academic, pp. 53-72
- 2014 'Towards Students’ Learning Activities in an MA Translation Module: An Interview-based Study', in Li, Linda Mingfang & Xing, Minjie (eds.), Innovation and Consolidation in Learning and Teaching Chinese-- Applied Chinese Language Studies V, Sinolingua London Ltd, pp. 223-236
- 2007 'The Cognition and English-Chinese Translation on Metaphorical Sentences', in Tham, Wai Mun (ed.), Multi-Perspectives on Language Study, NTU Center for Chinese Language & Culture and Global Publishing, pp. 151-166
- 2016 (co-edited with Guo, Zhiyan) Acquisition, Assessment and Application: Theory and Practice of Teaching Chinese in Higher Education, Sinolingua London Ltd, 272 pp.
- 2015 (co-edited with Guo,Zhiyan) Recent Developments of Chinese Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Sinolingua London Ltd, 256pp pp.
- 2017 (co-authored with Tyulenev, Sergey) Toward a Comparative Translation and Interpreting Studies. Translation and Interpreting Studies, 12 (2): John Benjamins.
Edited Sources, Research Data Sets, and Databases
- 2011 (co-edited with Fang, M, et al.) A Dictionary of Translation Studies in China, Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, 633-639 pp.
- 2020 (co-authored with Cui, Yixiao) 'Consultation behaviour with online resources in English-Chinese translation: an eye-tracking, screen-recording and retrospective study', Perspectives
- 2020 (co-authored with Báez, Sandra, Su, Li, Xiang, Xia, Weis, Susanne, Ibáñez, Agustín & García, Adolfo M.) 'Semantic and attentional networks in bilingual processing: fMRI connectivity signatures of translation directionality', Brain and Cognition
- 2019 (co-authored with Liu, Yanmei & Zhou, Hao) 'Measuring the difficulty of text translation: The combination of text-focused and translator-oriented approaches', Target: International Journal of Translation Studies 31, pp. 125-149
- 2019 'The Translator's Brain', The Linguist 58(2), 10-12.
- 2018 (co-authored with Xiang, Xia) 'Between Invisibility and Over-visibility: Self-perception and User Expectations of Liaison Interpreters in Business Settings', Babel 64, pp. 1-32
- 2018 (co-authored with Zhou, Hao) 'Revisiting Processing Time for Metaphorical Expressions: An Eye-tracking Study on Eye-voice Span during Sight Translation', Foreign Language Teaching and Research 50, pp. 738-753
- 2018 (co-authored with Xie, Mingqing) 'The Effect of Explanatory Captions on the Reception of Foreign Audiovisual Products: A Study Drawing on Eyetracking Data and Retrospective Interviews', Translation, Cognition & Behavior 1, pp. 119-146
- 2017 (co-authored with Tyulenev, S. & Johnson, P.) 'A Comparative Study of Translation/ Interpreting as a Profession in Russia, China and Spain', Translation and Interpreting Studies 12, pp. 332-354
- 2017 (co-authored with Pan, Feng) 'Gender Difference of Hedging in Interpreting for Chinese Government Press Conferences: A Corpus-based Study', Across Languages and Cultures 18, pp. 171-193
- 2017 (co-authored with Tyulenev, S.) 'Introduction: Towards the Comparative Studies of Translation and Interpreting', Translation and Interpreting Studies 12, pp. 197-212
- 2017 (co-authored with Luo, Wenyan) 'Visiting elements thought to be “inactive” non-human actors in Arthur Waley’s translation of Journey to the West', Asia Pacific Translation and Intercultural Studies pp. 1
- 2015 (co-authored with Xiao, Di) 'Reconstructing a Narrative, Reinterpreting a History: A Case Study of Translating Big Breasts and Wide Hips', Asia Pacific Translation and Intercultural Studies 2, pp. 155-173
- 2015 (co-authored with Xiang, Xia) 'Restricted creation: A questionnaire-based study on perceptions of subjectivity and ethics of business liaison interpreters', Journal of Foreign Languages pp. 88-99
- 2015 (co-authored with Xiang, X.) 'The impact of background information on the translation quality of metaphorical expressions: An analysis of products of English-Chinese sight translation', Foreign Languages and Their Teaching 1, pp. 69-80
- 2014 (co-authored with Xiang, Xia) 'The impact of cultural background knowledge in the processing of metaphorical expressions: An empirical study of English-Chinese sight translation', Translation and Interpreting Studies 9, pp. 5-24
- 2014 'The role of consultation sources revisited: an empirical study of English–Chinese translation', Perspectives: studies in translatology 22, pp. 113-135
- 2013 (co-authored with Xia, Xiang) 'Processing metaphorical expressions in sight translation: an empirical-experimental research', Babel 59, pp. 160-183
- 2011 (co-authored with Xiang, Xia) 'Understanding and reformulating metaphors: An empirical study on English-Chinese sight translation', Foreign Language Teaching and Research 43, pp. 422-436
- 2008 'The Triangulation Module in Process-oriented Translation Studies', Shanghai Journal of Translators for Science and Technology pp. 36-41
- 2007 (co-authored with Mun, Tham Wai) 'An Empirical Study of Translation Units in English-Chinese Translating', Foreign Language Teaching and Research 39, pp. 145-154
- 2006 (co-authored with Chen, Yao) 'Boke or Buluoge: On Translation of "Blog"', Shanghai Journal of Translators 3, pp. 78-79
- 2006 'Translog: An Assistant Program in Process-oriented Translation Studies', Chinese Science & Technology Translators Journal 4, pp. 20-24