Publication details for Professor Thom BrooksBrooks, Thom (2014). Legal positivism and faith in law. Modern Law Review 77(1): 139-147.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0026-7961, 1468-2230
- DOI: 10.1111/1468-2230.12060
- Keywords: Legal positivism, Hart, Fuller, Dworkin, Kelsen, natural law, morality, normativity, faith
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Gardner’s Law as a Leap of Faith is a work that challenges many of our most widely held beliefs about law with a special focus on legal positivism. This collection of papers is the product of one of our finest legal philosophers today with significant contributions to our understanding of the nature of law and key debates about it by earlier leading figures. While there is no space to address every discussion of wider interest, it is hoped this Review has made clear its central arguments and their impact for jurisprudence. In my judgement, this is one of the most important works of jurisprudence in many years.