Visiting Scholars Programme
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted at any point during the year and will not be restricted to University term time.
The following documents will be required in the application:
1. A completed 'Visiting Scholars Application form';
2. Letter of Support from the Law School Contact Person and the name(s) of any members of the School's staff with whom you have previously had academic contact. The letter of support must indicate how the visiting scholar will contribute to research in the Law School;
3. A curriculum vitae, including a list of publications; and
4. A statement to the effect that the visiting scholar has sufficient fluency and command of oral English to enable them to participate actively in individual and group discussions throughout the period of their stay.
Because of the large number of applications we receive each year, Durham Law School is unable to accommodate all those who express interest in visiting for research purposes. In selecting applicants for Visiting Scholar status, the School Research Committee considers the nature of the applicant's proposal (including the anticipated research output(s)), the expected duration of their research, prior academic experience and the contribution that the visit will make to the research environment of the Law School. Applicants are also expected to be affiliated with a university, research institute or governmental programme in their home country.
Application Policy and Procedures
Please read this carefully before applying.
- Application Policy and Procedures (last modified: 23 October 2017)
- VS Application form 2017 (last modified: 23 October 2017)
Completed application materials should be sent by post or email to:
Durham Law School
By email to email@example.com