Law Research Ethics Online
Ethics Application Form
The Ethics Committee will issue certification that the research meets acceptable ethical standards and will, if necessary, require changes to the research methodology or reporting strategy.
- The information provided on this form is accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief and I take full responsibility for it.
- I undertake to abide by the University’s ethical guidelines and the ethical principles underlying good practice provided in the guidelines appropriate to my field.
- If the research is approved, I undertake to adhere to the study protocol, the terms of this application and any conditions set out by REGS.
- I undertake to seek an ethical opinion from REGS before implementing substantial amendments to the protocol.
- I undertake to submit progress reports if required.
- I am aware of my responsibility to be up to date and comply with the requirements of the law and relevant guidelines relating to security and confidentiality of personal data.
- I understand that my research records/data may be subject to inspection for audit purposes if required in future.
- I understand that the REGS may choose to audit this project at any point after approval.