Durham University is a world top-100 university, and England’s third oldest university; Durham Law School is consistently ranked as one of the top five in the UK being ranked 3rd in the UK for research excellence in 2014, and is rated one of the very best UK law schools for quality of teaching and employability of its students. Our intellectual community comprises a diverse and international body of academics, many of whom are leaders in their field, working together with a large and diverse group of postgraduate research students. Our courses are highly regarded, entry is very competitive and we select an excellent student intake from across the world, offering them a cutting-edge and engaging curriculum, delivered through excellent, research-led teaching.
21 September 2016
13 September 2016
12 September 2016Read more news
- Vera-Gray, F. (2016). Men's Intrusion, Women's Embodiment: A critical analysis of street harassment. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.
- Brooks, Thom (2016). Becoming British: UK Citizenship Examined. London: Biteback Publishing.
- Brazier, Margaret & Cave, Emma (2016). Medicine, Patients and the Law. Manchester University Press.
- Schütze, Robert. (2015). European Union Law. Cambridge University Press.
- Spaventa, E. (2016). Once a foreigner, always a foreigner: Who Does Not Belong Here Anymore? Expulsion Measures. In Residence, employment and social rights of mobile persons. On how EU law defines where they belong. Verschueren, H. Cambridge Intersentia. 36: 89-110.
- Masterman, R.M.W. (2016). The United Kingdom: From Strasbourg Surrogacy towards a British Bill of Rights? In Criticism of the European Court of Human Rights: Shifting the convention system: counter-dynamics at the national and EU level. Lambrecht, S., Lemmens, K. & Popelier, P. Cambridge: Intersentia. 9: 447-478.
- Akseli, N.O. (2016). Assignment, Delegation and Third-Party Rights. In International Sales Law: Contract, Principles & Practice. Di Matteo, Larry, Janssen, André, Magnus, Ulrich & Schulze, Rainer Munich: Beck/Hart/Nomos. 813-854.
- Jones, Annika (2016). Non-Cooperation and the Efficiency of the International Criminal Court. In Cooperation and the International Criminal Court: Perspectives from Theory and Practice. Bekou, Olympia & Birkett, Daley Leiden: Brill. 185-209.
- Vera-Gray, F. (2016). Men’s Stranger Intrusions: Rethinking street harassment. Women’s Studies International Forum 58: 9-17.
- Brooks, Thom (2016). In Defence of Punishment and the Unified Theory of Punishment: A Reply. Criminal Law and Philosophy 10(3): 629-638.
- Nicholson, Matthew (2016). Majority rule and human rights: identity and non-identity in SAS v France. Northern Ireland Legal Quarterly 67(2): 115-136.
- Hayward, A. (2016). Common Intention Constructive Trusts and the Role of Imputation in Theory and Practice. The Conveyancer and Property Lawyer 80(3): 233-242.
- 2015-2017 Constructing Authority in International Law: Critical Reflections (£191838.73 from Arts and Humanities Research Council) investigated by Gleider I Hernández
- 2015-2016 Creative Uncertainty?: Labour Market Regulation in a World of Doubt (£34842.00 from The Leverhulme Trust) investigated by Deirdre McCann
- 2014-2017 Human Cloning and Stem Cell Research Through the Medium of Law (Wellcome Trust, £29,961). PI: Pattinson CIs: Douglas & Kind. investigated by Shaun D Pattinson
- 2014-2017 Human Cloning and Stem Cell Research Through the Medium of Law (Wellcome Trust, £29,961). PI: Pattinson CIs: Douglas & Kind. investigated by Benedict Douglas
- European Research Council (Principal Investigator, € 909.662) investigated by Robert Schütze
Tel: +44 (0) 191 33 42800
Fax: +44 (0) 191 33 42801
Results Day 2016
Global leader in social sciences
- On Tuesday, 18th October, 6 pm: Durham Law School Welcome Back Event for Second & Final Year Students with drinks &… https://t.co/zjBHiVq3WZ
Tweeted 7 hours ago
- On Thursday, 27 Oct at 6 pm: Durham Law School Fresher's Welcome Event with drinks & canapés. https://t.co/VMGmlyJDbX
Tweeted 7 hours ago
- Read the Keynote Address of Professor Steven Schwarcz @DukeLaw https://t.co/DRAtpndOg6
More info about the symposiu… https://t.co/Ak5KyYXQRw
Tweeted 10 hours ago
- The Impact of Economic Efficiency on Employment: A Case Study of Mergers & Acquisitions @CompPolicyInt
Tweeted 3 days ago
- 11 Oct. Join us for the ICCL seminar 'The Promise and Perils of Crowdfunding' by Prof @lucaenriques @OxfordLawFac
Tweeted 5 days ago
- 26 Sep join us for the @ESRC IAA Symposium 'The Untold Stories of the Financial Crisis' @OrkunAkseli @JohnLinarelli
Tweeted 1 week ago
- 7 Oct: 19th Annual Conference of the Association for Criminal Justice on 'Cybercrime' with @McGlynnClare in Dublin
Tweeted 1 week ago