Durham University is a world top-100 university, and England’s third oldest university; Durham Law School is consistently ranked as one of the top five in the UK being ranked 3rd in the UK for research excellence in 2014, and is rated one of the very best UK law schools for quality of teaching and employability of its students. Our intellectual community comprises a diverse and international body of academics, many of whom are leaders in their field, working together with a large and diverse group of postgraduate research students. Our courses are highly regarded, entry is very competitive and we select an excellent student intake from across the world, offering them a cutting-edge and engaging curriculum, delivered through excellent, research-led teaching.
- Vera-Gray, F. (2016). Men's Intrusion, Women's Embodiment: A critical analysis of street harassment. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.
- Brooks, Thom (2016). Becoming British: UK Citizenship Examined. London: Biteback Publishing.
- Schütze, Robert. (2015). European Union Law. Cambridge University Press.
- Schütze, Robert. (2015). Introduction to European Law (2nd Edition). Cambridge University Press.
- Hernández, G.I. (2016). International Judicial Lawmaking. In Research Handbook on International Law-Making. Brölmann, C. & Radi, Y. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. 200-221.
- O'Donoghue, Aoife (2016). The Separation of Powers Beyond the State: The ‘inconveniences of [a]bsolute power’. In The Powers that Be: Rethinking the Separation of Powers: A Leiden Response to Möllers. ten Napel, H.-M. & Voermans, W. Leiden: Leiden University Press. 45-65.
- Bohlander, Michael (2016). Article 36 - Qualifications, nomination and election of judges. In Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court: a commentary. Triffterer, Otto & Ambos, Kai Munich Oxford Baden-Baden: C.H. Beck Hart Nomos. 1216-1225.
- Allen, Tom (2016). Constitutional law, Social Justice and the Redistribution of Land. In Property and Human Rights in a Global Context. Xu, Ting & Allain, Jean Oxford: Hart. 63-92.
- Vera-Gray, F. (2016). Men’s Stranger Intrusions: Rethinking street harassment. Women’s Studies International Forum 58: 9-17.
- Hayward, A. (2016). Common Intention Constructive Trusts and the Role of Imputation in Theory and Practice. The Conveyancer and Property Lawyer 80(3): 233-242.
- Attenborough, D. (2016). An Estoppel-Based Approach to Enforcing Corporate Environmental Responsibilities. Journal of Environmental Law 28(2): 275-299.
- McCann, Deirdre (2016). Travel time as working time: Tyco, the unitary model and the route to casualization. Industrial Law Journal 45(2): 244-250.
- 2015-2017 Constructing Authority in International Law: Critical Reflections (£191838.73 from Arts and Humanities Research Council) investigated by Gleider I Hernández
- 2015-2016 Creative Uncertainty?: Labour Market Regulation in a World of Doubt (£34842.00 from The Leverhulme Trust) investigated by Deirdre McCann
- 2014-2017 Human Cloning and Stem Cell Research Through the Medium of Law (Wellcome Trust, £29,961). PI: Pattinson CIs: Douglas & Kind. investigated by Shaun D Pattinson
- 2014-2017 Human Cloning and Stem Cell Research Through the Medium of Law (Wellcome Trust, £29,961). PI: Pattinson CIs: Douglas & Kind. investigated by Benedict Douglas
- European Research Council (Principal Investigator, € 909.662) investigated by Robert Schütze
Tel: +44 (0) 191 33 42800
Fax: +44 (0) 191 33 42801
Results Day 2016
Global leader in social sciences
- Dr Aoife O'Donoghue @aoifemod quoted by the @UN General Assembly, https://t.co/eitwDotsFa
Tweeted 9 hours ago
- 4th Oct, 11 am (CLC 202): Freshers Meet Representatives from Law Student Societies @DurhamUniLawSoc @DUMooting https://t.co/Z0uDzmagSf
Tweeted 16 hours ago
- 4th Oct, 9.30 am: Learning and Teaching in the Law School by Prof @JohnLinarelli Chair of Education, CLC 202 https://t.co/HQ0kihLdla
Tweeted 1 day ago
- 15 Sep, 10 am join @cave555 @ProfRSGoldberg @DurhamCELLS for Medical Innovation Bill 3rd Seminar by @KeeleUniversity https://t.co/cDR3LUn6CJ
Tweeted 5 days ago
- 3rd Oct, 3:30 pm Appleby Lecture Theatre: Geography, LLB Talk for freshers on student support by Dr Johanna Jacques https://t.co/oYDlfRQYJE
Tweeted 6 days ago
- 6th: 'Many of Durham University's gorgeous campus buildings date back to the 11th century' @businessinsider https://t.co/Bo9Jc1UNqw
Tweeted 1 week ago
- Congratulations to Claire Errington, Peter Elkin and Emma Wilson on Highly Commended law essays going to Dublin Gala https://t.co/lpFuJTrcSJ
Tweeted 1 week ago