Student Enrichment Programme (SEP)
John Snow College supports the wider student experience (WSE) providing a programme of enrichment opportunities to enhance personal development, in line with the University’s WSE Strategy, which complements the great work of the JCR President and executive committee.
Enrichment themes include:
Physical and mental wellbeing: a diverse and exciting offer of a series of activities, prioritising engagement, physical wellbeing and mindfulness. Including: Art, Pilates/Yoga, Paddle boarding and self-defence.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: all activities are designed to be inclusive and accessible to all, capitalising on our diverse College population.
Global Durham: celebrating Durham University’s global presence by supporting networks, projects and placements.
Employability: sessions to support future employment/continued education. Such as: skills mapping, leadership, volunteering & outreach and CV development.
*Online SEP and WSE Provision*
During third term John Snow College students are engaging in remote learning in response to Government movement restrictions imposed during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Therefore students will be able to access a programme of online wider student experience to support their ongoing personal enrichment.
The programme will include a variety of online resources, interactive activities and support material developed by College staff and the Alumni community.
Online Exam Preparation
Please see the resource below.
- Support for Students during the 2020 Exam period (last modified: 13 May 2020)
• Job application/interview/assessment centre guidance
• Interactive CV development workshops
• Developing a LinkedIn profile and effective networking
• Social media and its potential impact upon future employment
• Alumni/community partner career support clinics
• Community involvement sign-posting
• CV enrichment opportunities
•Remote access to the global market
Durham Inspired Award:
• Ongoing remote coaching session
• Sign-up information for academic year 20/21
Student Enrichment Fund (SEF):
• Information about funding available for enrichment opportunities (excluding those involving travel)