Evolution and dynamics of industrial structures and ecosystems: innovation and productivity in industries
Durham University Business School (DUBS), with the generous support of the Institute of Advanced Study of Durham University, welcomes submissions for the mini-conference on “Evolution and dynamics of industrial structures and ecosystems: iInnovation and productivity in industries” to be held at Durham University Business School on Friday 22nd September 2017. Complete or developmental papers with rigorous methodology on the following themes are particularly welcome:
- Self-organization and evolution of industrial structures, including historical and geographical perspectives
- Heterogeneity, non-linearity, endogeneity and uncertainty in micro-econometric studies of innovation.
- Alternative approaches to firm productivity, industrial evolution and structure
- Mathematical modelling of industrial structures in time and space and their impact on company performance.
- Innovation, industry/technology shakeouts and life cycles
The conference is intended to facilitate cross-disciplinary dialogue and welcomes papers with a diverse range of rigorous research methodologies.
Durham University Business School is accredited by all major academic bodies (AACSB International, AMBA and EQUIS). The University is located in central Durham, which is famous for its World Heritage Sites, including a beautiful Cathedral and Castle.
The paper submission deadline is Friday 4th August. Please email your paper or extended abstract (4 pages minimum) in pdf format together with your complete contact details (email, address, phone) to email@example.com.
If you wish to attend this conference, please send us your contact details to the email above as registration is necessary and free of charge – this will enable us to send you the conference programme in August.
By submitting your paper you guarantee that at least one co-author will present it at the conference. There is no registration fee, but all travel and accommodation costs are assumed to be covered by the participants*. Meals and coffee-breaks will be provided at the conference. The selection committee will inform you about the outcome by 18th August 2017.
* PhD students registered in the UK who are accepted to present a paper can apply for assistance with travel/accommodation up to a total of £200 per student by supplying the expected travel costs when they email their paper.