2018 Conference on Mechanism and Institution Design
A conference of the Society for the Promotion of Mechanism and Institution Design.
Durham University Business School (DUBS) is honoured to host the inaugural conference of the Society for the Promotion of Mechanism and Institution Design (SPMiD), on the weekend of 12-13 May 2018. Durham University is located in the historical and beautiful city of Durham in North East England.
The main theme of the Conference is on mechanism, institution and market design, and it is by invitation only. The conference will have three distinguished keynote speakers:
- Prof. Vincent Crawford (University of Oxford)
- Prof. Herve Moulin (University of Glasgow)
- Prof. David Martimort (Paris School of Economics)
The conference is co-organised by DUBS and the Society of SPMiD, and financially supported by DUBS, the Institute of Advanced Study (IAS) of Durham University, and the SPMiD.
The nearest airport is Newcastle (UK). It takes about 30min from Newcastle Airport to Durham City by taxi (a fare of £35 or so). Newcastle airport is also connected to Durham by metro and train, and you could also take metro from the Airport to Central Station, and then take train from Newcastle to Durham (it takes about one hour or so).
- Here is the more detailed information on how to travel to Durham https://www.dur.ac.uk/about/location/
- Here is a list of Taxi companies in Durham:
- If you decide to travel by train, you could book train ticket at Trainline.
You may consider the following hotels which are quite close to Durham University Business School:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Durham
- Marriott Hotel Royal County, Durham
- Premier Inn, Durham City Centre
Participants are advised to search and book accommodation on their own, which nowadays is easy to arrange. Durham also has a wide range of hotels and a lot of B&Bs of decent quality, with reasonable prices and the relevant information can be found at the following website:
- Registration page: https://www.dur.ac.uk/conference.booking/details/?id=932
- Registration is free and the deadline is 31 March, 2018.
Zaifu Yang (SPMiD); Daniel Z. Li (DUBS), Bibhas Saha, Ayse Yazici; Xiaogang Che, Simone Tonin and Anil Yildizparlak
All lectures of the conference will be open to the public free of charge but delegates have the priority to take seats.
Contact email@example.com for more information about this event.