Training and Development
The over-riding purpose of the Training Team within Human Resources is to support the University Strategy by providing focused organisational and staff development initiatives for all members of the University's staff community.
The Training Team operates in a number of ways:
- By providing a range of development programmes and workshops that are open to all members of staff. This annual programme is developed and refined each year to reflect the priorities of the University
- By providing a number of targeted initiatives that are appropriate to specific staff groups
- By developing bespoke training and development interventions for individuals, teams and departments, for example team building events
- By providing help, advice and guidance on a range of organisational and personal development issues, needs and priorities
- By maintaining strong links with other institutions and training providers.
The Training Team also manages a successful Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme across a number of occupational areas. The scheme aims to provide people with focussed and coordinated on and off the job training and development.