Occupational Health Referral
A referral to the Occupational Health Adviser should be in writing and include details of:
- the stated length of absence
- the reason(s) for absence
- any factors (work-related or otherwise) that cause or aggravate the absence(s)
- any previous absences
- any action taken by the manager to assist the employee
- details of the job and workplace
- notes of any meetings or conversations with the employee
- whether the manager and/or employee thinks that any adjustments to the workplace, duties or hours may assist the employee and facilitate a return to work and/or reduce absences.
- NOTE: a copy of the completed Referral Form should be given to the member of staff. Members of staff have access to their Occupational Health record.