Job Evaluation Process
Jobs are evaluated under the HERA job evaluation scheme using the following process:
- Heads of Department, managers and staff, whose jobs are being evaluated, are contacted to discuss the process.
- Information is collected from the member of staff to find out more about the requirements of the job. Normally this is done through a meeting with a trained job analyst, building on the information already provided in the job summary.
- The information is used by the job analyst to create a detailed job description.
- The individual and his/her manager are asked to verify that the job description represents the job.
- The job description is evaluated by a trained panel using the HERA job evaluation guidelines.
- The evaluation score determines the grade of the job.