Voluntary Staffing Cost Measures
As part of our programme of work on financial sustainbility, we are looking to achieve savings on our staff costs through voluntary measures to avoid, or reduce, any potential compulsory redundancies.
By clicking on each of the tabs below, you will find information on each of the voluntary measures, answers to frequently asked questions, and the form to use should you wish to make an application. It’s important to note that these measures are purely voluntary, and you may choose to apply for one, all, or none of the options, depending on your own circumstances and preferences.
The deadline for applications for Voluntary Severance is 14 August 2020. For all other voluntary measures we encourage you to submit an application by 31 August 2020: Any applications after 31 August should be made via existing HR processes. Please contact your HR Business Partner, if you require further advice. Please note that a process to apply to purchase additional annual leave will be provided shortly.
- Applications will be managed on a confidential basis;
- Approval of these voluntary measures should make a long term positive contribution to the University’s financial sustainability measures;
- Final approval will be via the UEC lead following Head of Department endorsement, unless specified otherwise (with the exception of Voluntary Salary Reduction);
- Participation in the voluntary pay measures will not be taken into account should there be a need for potential future compulsory redundancy selection;
- Not expressing an interest in any of the measures will not be viewed adversely; all measures are purely voluntary and the University acknowledges that each staff member needs to make decisions based on their individual circumstances;
- Members of staff may apply for multiple voluntary measures but should outline their preferred priority of requests;
- Members of staff can withdraw their interest at any time up until a formal acceptance has been agreed;
- Managers will be fair and consistent in their consideration of all applications;
- Applications will not be granted where this will create a significant increase in workload for other colleagues that cannot be mitigated in other ways;
- There is no right of appeal in respect of applications that are refused.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.