Publication details for Dr Iddo AmitShamir, Assaf, Amit, Iddo, Englander, Danny, Horvitz, Dror & Rosenwaks, Yossi (2015). Potential barrier height at the grain boundaries of a poly-silicon nanowire. Nanotechnology 26(35): 355201.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0957-4484, 1361-6528
- DOI: 10.1088/0957-4484/26/35/355201
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We present measurements of the potential barrier height and its dependence on grain size in poly-silicon nanowire (P-SiNW) arrays. Measurements conducted using Kelvin probe force microscopy coupled with electrostatic simulations, enabled us also to extract the density of the grain boundary interface states and their energy distribution. In addition it was shown that the barrier height scales with the grain size as the square of the grain radius.