Publication details for Professor Dagou ZezeJombert, Alice S., Bayazit, Mustafa K., Herron, Christopher R., Coleman, Karl S. & Zeze, Dagou A. (2013). Synthesis and Characterization of Molecularly-Bridged Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes and Electrical Properties of Their Films. Science of Advanced Materials 5(12): 1967-1973.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1947-2935, 1947-2943
- DOI: 10.1166/sam.2013.1664
- Keywords: Carbon Nanotubes, Covalent Bridging, C-C bonds, Networks, Organo-Metallic Couplings.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Covalently interconnected single walled carbon nanotube (SWNT) networks have attracted a particular interest due to their enhanced accessible surface area. Herein, an elegant way of preparing covalently interconnected SWNTs is demonstrated for the first time via coupling reactions. Sonogashira and Ullmann coupling reactions offer a versatile route for the preparation of molecularly-bridged SWNTs (MBSWNTs). Couplings create C C bonds between SWNTs yielding MBSWNTs with conductive 1,2-diphenyl-diacetylene and biaryl bridges. Elemental composition analysis done by XPS shows the evidence of successful couplings while mass traces of the interconnected SWNTs corroborating with fragmentations corresponding to conjugated linkers.