Welcome to the Durham University Assessment Centre (DUAC). We are accredited by the Disabled Students' Allowances Quality Assurance Group (DSA-QAG). Our aim is to meet the assessment needs of disabled students, both at Durham University and across the region, to enable them to access Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs).
What we do
We aim to provide a professional assessment service to students with a:
- hearing or visual impairment
- medical condition
- mental health problem
- mobility difficulty
- specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia
- autistic spectrum disorder
We undertake to:
- Respond to enquiries immediately.
- Send out appointments within 1 working day of contact.
- Complete and submit Needs Assessment reports within ten working days of the assessment date.
- Submit reports to the funding body and HEI within one day of receiving the student's agreement.
Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 2000