DEI Research Symposium 2015
(12 August 2015)
Durham Energy Institute would like to invite you to take part in its inaugural Research Symposium at the Calman Centre, Durham University, Science Site, Durham on the 30th September 2015.
We are delighted to announce one of the keynote speaker’s confirmed to attend is Professor John Loughead, Chief Scientific Advisor to the Department for Energy and Climate Change and he will talk about the UK Energy Vision for 2035. The full programme will be posted on the DEI website shortly.
The event will begin on the 30th September from 9.30am, followed by four themed sessions and opportunity to visit the University Energy facilities throughout the day. The Symposium will end with a wine and canapé reception in the Calman Centre for all attendees and presenters. I am delighted to say that members of our International Advisory Board will be in attendance and this will be a perfect opportunity to discuss research and network; with them as well as internal colleagues.
We are offering a poster competition that will run throughout the day to anyone who is undertaking energy related research at postgraduate level across the 3 Faculties of the University. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Attendees will be encouraged to vote for their favourite posters and prizes will be available on the day.
The deadline for Poster submissions is the 17th September, 5pm. Please find below poster guidelines to assist you.
Some guidelines for poster presentations:
• The maximum display area for each poster is A0 (84.1 x 118.9cm), A1 (59.4cm x 84.1cm) is also acceptable. Please use Portrait Orientation in your Page Setup menu. NOTE: wider posters cannot be accommodated.
• Your poster should present a clear, precise, visual description of your research.
• Your poster should communicate two to three major ideas, please avoid long columns of print, and remember that each reader will have other posters to view.
• Please include the names and institutional affiliations of all your collaborators / supervisors
• Please include if possible a photograph of the presenting author on the poster to help other Fellows and guests identify you during the poster sessions.
Adhesive nylon hook pads (e.g. Velcro) will be provided. Other forms of adhesive are not acceptable because they can damage the surface of the boards.
The registration form to attend as a delegate will be available via Eventbrite shortly and will be circulated in a separate email.
We look forward to receiving your application to display and seeing you there.