Find out about some of the previous events held by Durham Energy Institute:
Training in Energy: Contexts & Challenges
Book your place on this course now!
This four and a half day course brings together leading experts to assess today’s energy challenges in different contexts. From global geo-histories of energy and energy transions to human ecobiology and resource engineering, we look at energy from a range of different perspectives. With presentations from leading experts at Durham University, this will effectively be a series of masterclasses in energy contexts and challenges.
• Global geo-histories of energy using histories of energy to highlight changing concepts of natural and ‘unnatural’ energy;
• Understanding past transitions – histories and legacies of coal;
• Unconventional energy sources (including fracking);
• Renewable energy technologies: Solar futures, Wind power, geothermal energy, carbon capture;
• Understanding the grid – technical and commercial issues;
• Contemporary political economies of energy, global political issues, energy as a geopolitical tool, energy wars and energy transitions;
• Interconnections in global energy and climate change contexts.
You can view the programme here.
Find out about the course cost and how register at www.durham.ac.uk/dei/events/contexts/
View the timetable here (available shortly).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this event.