Find out about some of the previous events held by Durham Energy Institute:
UK Energy Storage Research Conference 2018
Hosted by CESI, Newcastle University, Energy Storage Network, Energy Superstore and STFC Network in Battery Science & Technology, UKES2018 provides a platform for researchers in Energy Storage to present their work through talks and poster sessions.
The conference will provide an inclusive platform for all researchers in Energy Storage to present their work through talks and poster sessions. In line with the ethos of the Energy SUPERSTORE, the conference endeavours to bring together researchers from academia, industry and policy and across the whole field of energy storage, inspiring collaborations for future research.
Confirmed Keynote & Plenary Speakers
- Prof Peter Littlewood, University of Chicago & Interim Founding Director, Faraday Institution
- Prof Phil Blythe, Dept for Transport & Newcastle University
- Prof Nigel Brandon OBE, FREng, Imperial College London
- Eric Brown, Head of Innovation, Energy Systems Catapult
- Jim Cardwell, Northern Powergrid
- Sally Fenton, Dept for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Dr Bryan Hannegan, Holy Cross Energy
- Tim Hughes, Siemens plc
- Gregory Poliasne, Nuvve
- Prof Phil Taylor, Newcastle University
- Policy and Economics of Storage in Energy Systems
- Storage for Future Mobility
- Demonstration and Commercial Deployment
- Gas Storage (including hydrogen)
- Electrochemical Energy Storage
- Thermal, Mechanical, and Thermochemical Energy Storage
- Design, Planning, and Integration of Storage in Energy Systems
- Operation and Control: From Battery Management to Energy Management
- Energy Storage in the Built Environment
Registration fees are £150 for a student and £250 for a non student.
Call for Abstracts Closes: Thursday 30 November 2017
Abstracts are invited on a wide range of energy storage topics, including the policy and economics of storage in energy systems to thermal, mechanical and thermomechanical energy storage.
Directions to the Urban Sciences Building
You can view the programme for the conference here.
Follow us on Twitter #UKES2018
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this event.