Find out about some of the previous events held by Durham Energy Institute:
North East Energy Materials Symposium
The synthesis, characterisation and simulation of functional materials is vital to create new energy harvesting and storage devices. This symposium brings together researchers from Newcastle, Durham and Northumbria Universities to disseminate their research as well as facilitating networking on energy materials projects. You can view the event programme here.
Invited speakers include:
• Dr Elizabeth Gibson (Newcastle)- Dye-sensitized photocathodes for solar cells and solar fuels
• Dr Mohamed Mamlouk (Newcastle)- Anion exchange membranes for energy applications
• Prof Peter Cumpson (Newcastle)- XPS and SIMS for energy research problems
• Dr Karen Johnston (Durham)- Solid-state NMR studies of TiSnSb
• Dr Vincent Barrioz (Northumbria)- Scalable thin-lm PV with extremely thin absorber
The symposium is open to academic staff as well as PG students and PDRAs with an interest in energy materials (i.e. materials development, characterisation and modelling). There is no registration fee, although places are limited.
Please send a short abstract to the organisers, Dr Chris Groves (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Budhika Mendis (email@example.com), by 17th March 2017 indicating your choice of an oral or poster presentation.
The conference will be followed by a second meeting in summer 2017 between academic members of staff to discuss potential collaborations
Find out about energy materialsd research at Durham University https://www.dur.ac.uk/dei/research/energy.materials/