Powering the Planet: Why the World Needs Anthropologists
The fifth edition of the annual symposium "Why the World Needs Anthropologists" -
Register for this free event at www.applied-anthropology.com
You can also follow updates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1292845360803687/
Benj Sykes - DONG Energy
Sophie Bouly de Lesdain - EDF
Tanja Winther - Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo
Veronica Strang - Institute of Advanced Study, Durham University
During the day, organisations from the energy industry and non-for-profit sector will present at the Energy Hotspots. There are also a range of interactive learning workshops available on Sunday 29 October. Do not miss the opportunity to mingle with enthusiasts from all sorts of different energy domains:
- get advice on careers in the energy industry;
- find out how to use social science approaches in your energy company to improve your organisational structures, services or products;
- find out how technology and innovation is used to end poverty and provide a sustainable future for everyone;
- how can participatory methods be used to co-design a set of community innovation initiatives for applying renewable energy technologies at the local scale;
- learn about Durham County’s mining history and how it impacts on life in the region today;
- learn about new anthropological approaches to energy questions and dilemmas.
Everyone is welcome to this FREE event: Social Scientists, Scientists, Engineers, Students, Businesses, Community Groups and Energy Sector Professionals.
- DURHAM DEPARTMENT OF ANTHROPOLOGY
- EASA APPLIED ANTHROPOLOGY NETWORK
- EASA ENERGY ANTHROPOLOGY NETWORK
- THE CULTURE ACADEMY
- PRACTICAL ACTION
- DURHAM ENERGY INSTITUTE
- THE ROYAL ANTHROPOLOGICAL INSTITUTE OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND
- VU UNIVERSITY AMSTERDAM
- PEOPLE PROJECT
- ANTROPOLOGÍA 2.0
- THE LOW CARBON ENERGY FOR DEVELOPMENT NETWORK (LCEDN)
ACCOUNTING FOR ENERGY (Energethics)
The roles of corporations in aiming for a sustainable future, and how anthropological insights help asking the right questions.
How to work appropriately with technical practice innovations in culturing skills for renewable energy.
INSIGHTFUL JOBS (ASA Apply)
Demonstrating the Value of Reflexive Thinking.
MINING HISTORY (Durham Energy Institute)
A walking tour of Durham featuring its hidden history as the centre of what was once the largest coalfield in England.