No news items are currently listed. Please check back in the future.
Maria Olkkonen won the Hector Fellow Academy prize for her work in colour vision and gave the Hector Fellow Academy Prize Lecture at the Colour in Mind Conference held at the University of Tübingen on September 26th 2016.
Bob Kentridge gave invited talks on the relationship between sensation and perception in Buenos Ares and Turin in June and July 2016, was keynote speaker at the Mississippi Philosophical Association in March 2016 and was plenary speaker at the Joint Canadian Institute for Advanced Research & Japanese Neuroscience Society Meeting on The Origin of Consciousness inTokyo in September 2016.
Marko Nardini was invited lead speaker at the Rank Prize Symposium in April 2017, invited speaker at a workshop on Adaptive Brains and Machines at the University of Cambridge in July 2015, and keynote speaker at the Annual Scottish Vision Group conference in Troon, UK in March 2014.
Paige Scalf gave invited talks at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln and at the University of Illinois, Urbana, Department of Neurosciences both in March 2016.
- Hausmann, M., Brysbaert, M., Van der Haegen, L., Lewald, J., Specht, K., Hirnstein, M., Willemin, J., Barton, J., Buchilly, D., Chmetz, F., Roch, M., Brederoo, S., Dael, N. & Mohr, C. (2019). Language lateralisation measured across linguistic and national boundaries. Cortex 111: 134-147.
- Mora, Laura, Cowie, Dorothy, Banissy, Michael J. & Cocchini, Gianna (2018). My true face: Unmasking one's own face representation. Acta Psychologica 191: 63-68.
- Seel, S.V., Eacott, M.J., Langston, R.F. & Easton, A. (2018). Cholinergic input to the hippocampus is not required for a model of episodic memory in the rat, even with multiple consecutive events. Behavioural Brain Research 354: 48-54.
- Chadwick, A.C., Cox, G., Smithson, H.E. & Kentridge, R.W. (2018). Beyond scattering and absorption: Perceptual un-mixing of translucent liquids. Journal of Vision 18(11): 1-15.
- Hausmann, M. & Burt, D. M. (2018). Sex hormonal effects on brain lateralization. In Routledge International Handbook of Social Neuroendocrinology. Schultheiss, C. & Mehta, P. H. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge. 357-370.
- Wiese, H, Chan, CYX & Tüttenberg, SC (2018). Properties of Familiar Face Representations: Only Contrast Positive Faces Contain All Information Necessary for Efficient Recognition. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition
- Grubert, A. & Eimer, M. (2018). The time course of target template activation processes during preparation for visual search. The Journal of Neuroscience 38(44): 9527-9538.
- Knight, Helen C., Smith, Daniel T., Knight, David C. & Ellison, Amanda (2018). Light social drinkers are more distracted by irrelevant information from an induced attentional bias than heavy social drinkers. Psychopharmacology 235(10): 2967-2978.