No news items are currently listed. Please check back in the future.
Maria Olkkonen won the Hector Fellow Academy prize for her work in colour vision and gave the Hector Fellow Academy Prize Lecture at the Colour in Mind Conference held at the University of Tübingen on September 26th 2016.
Bob Kentridge gave invited talks on the relationship between sensation and perception in Buenos Ares and Turin in June and July 2016, was keynote speaker at the Mississippi Philosophical Association in March 2016 and was plenary speaker at the Joint Canadian Institute for Advanced Research & Japanese Neuroscience Society Meeting on The Origin of Consciousness inTokyo in September 2016.
Marko Nardini was invited lead speaker at the Rank Prize Symposium in April 2017, invited speaker at a workshop on Adaptive Brains and Machines at the University of Cambridge in July 2015, and keynote speaker at the Annual Scottish Vision Group conference in Troon, UK in March 2014.
Paige Scalf gave invited talks at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln and at the University of Illinois, Urbana, Department of Neurosciences both in March 2016.
- Becker, L., Smith, D.T. & Schenk, T. (2017). Investigating the familiarity effect in texture segmentation by means of event-related brain potentials. Vision Research 140: 120-132.
- McIntosh, Robert D., Ietswaart, Magdalena & Milner, A. David (2017). Weight and see: Line bisection in neglect reliably measures the allocation of attention, but not the perception of length. Neuropsychologia 106: 146-158.
- Thomas, R.L., Nardini, M. & Mareschal, D. (2017). The impact of semantically congruent and incongruent visual information on auditory object recognition across development. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology 162: 72-88.
- Ellison, Amanda, Ball, Keira L. & Lane, Alison R. (2017). The Behavioral Effects of tDCS on Visual Search Performance Are Not Influenced by the Location of the Reference Electrode. Frontiers in Neuroscience 11: 520.
- Andrews, Sally, Burton, Mike A., Schweinberger, Stefan R. & Wiese, Holger (2017). Event-related potentials reveal the development of stable face representations from natural variability. The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology 70(8): 1620-1632.
- Ball, Keira, Birch, Yan, Lane, Alison, Ellison, Amanda & Schenk, Thomas (2017). Comparing the effect of temporal delay on the availability of egocentric and allocentric information in visual search. Behavioural Brain Research 331: 38-46.
- Simon, K.C., Gómez, R.L., Nadel, L. & Scalf, P.E. (2017). Brain correlates of memory reconsolidation: A role for the TPJ. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory 142(Part A): 154-161.
- D'Souza, H., Cowie, D., Karmiloff-Smith, A. & Bremner, A. (2017). Specialization of the motor system in infancy: From broad tuning to selectively specialized purposeful actions. Developmental Science 20(4): e12409.