Maria Olkkonen visiting Chiba University, Japan
Dr. Maria Olkkonen visited Chiba University in Japan in December 2018 to further a collaboration with Dr. Toni Saarela from University of Helsinki and Prof. Yoko Mizokami from Chiba University. The collaboration is about studying color constancy with real stimuli under real illuminants. The visit was very successful in furthering the project, as can be seen from the image. Dr. Maria Olkkonen also gave an invited talk titled "Prior knowledge in color perception" in the Chiba Vision Science seminar on 7.1.2019.
Paper published in Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience!
Dr. Tony Atkinson recently published a paper with colleagues in Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience. Congratulations!
Siqi-Liu, Audrey, Harris, Alison M., Atkinson, Anthony P. & Reed, Catherine L. (2018). Dissociable Processing of Emotional and Neutral Body Movements Revealed by μ-Alpha and Beta Rhythms. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience 12(4): 1269-1279.
Maria Olkkonen won the Hector Fellow Academy prize for her work in colour vision and gave the Hector Fellow Academy Prize Lecture at the Colour in Mind Conference held at the University of Tübingen on September 26th 2016.
Bob Kentridge gave invited talks on the relationship between sensation and perception in Buenos Ares and Turin in June and July 2016, was keynote speaker at the Mississippi Philosophical Association in March 2016 and was plenary speaker at the Joint Canadian Institute for Advanced Research & Japanese Neuroscience Society Meeting on The Origin of Consciousness inTokyo in September 2016.
Marko Nardini was invited lead speaker at the Rank Prize Symposium in April 2017, invited speaker at a workshop on Adaptive Brains and Machines at the University of Cambridge in July 2015, and keynote speaker at the Annual Scottish Vision Group conference in Troon, UK in March 2014.
Paige Scalf gave invited talks at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln and at the University of Illinois, Urbana, Department of Neurosciences both in March 2016.
- Maijer, Kim, Hayward, Mark, Fernyhough, Charles, Calkins, Monica E, Debbané, Martin, Jardri, Renaud, Kelleher, Ian, Raballo, Andrea, Rammou, Aikaterini, Scott, James G, Shinn, Ann K, Steenhuis, Laura A, Wolf, Daniel H & Bartels-Velthuis, Agna A (2019). Hallucinations in Children and Adolescents: An Updated Review and Practical Recommendations for Clinicians. Schizophrenia Bulletin 45(Supplement_1): S5-S23.
- Wiese, H , Tüttenberg, Simone C, Ingram, Brandon T, Chan, Chelsea YX, Gurbuz, Zehra, Burton, A Mike & Young, Andy W (2019). A robust neural index of high face familiarity. Psychological Science 30(2): 261-272.
- Hausmann, M., Brysbaert, M., Van der Haegen, L., Lewald, J., Specht, K., Hirnstein, M., Willemin, J., Barton, J., Buchilly, D., Chmetz, F., Roch, M., Brederoo, S., Dael, N. & Mohr, C. (2019). Language lateralisation measured across linguistic and national boundaries. Cortex 111: 134-147.
- Davis, Paige E., Webster, Lisa A.D., Fernyhough, Charles, Ralston, Kevin, Kola-Palmer, Susanna & Stain, Helen J. (2019). Adult report of childhood imaginary companions and adversity relates to concurrent prodromal psychosis symptoms. Psychiatry Research 271: 150-152.
- Odegaard, Brian, Beierholm, Ulrik, Carpenter, Jason & Shams, Ladan (2019). Prior expectation of objects in space is dependent on the direction of gaze. Cognition 182: 220-226.
- Nardini, M. & Dekker, T.M. (2019). Observer Models of Perceptual Development. Behavioral and Brain Sciences 41: e238.
- Moon, C., Uskul, A. K. & Weick, M. (2019). Cultural differences in politeness as a function of status relations: Comparing South Korean and British communicators. Journal of Theoretical Social Psychology
- Hirnstein, M., Hugdahl, K. & Hausmann, M. (2019). Cognitive sex differences and hemispheric asymmetry: A critical review of 40 years of research. Laterality 24(2): 204-252.