Publication details for Paul HeslopAprile, Francesco, Drummond, James, Heslop, Paul & Paul, Hynek (2018). Double-trace spectrum of N=4 supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory at strong coupling. Physical Review D 98(12): 126008.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2470-0010 (print), 2470-0029 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.98.126008
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The spectrum of IIB supergravity on AdS5 × S5 contains a number of bound states described by long
double-trace multiplets in N ¼ 4 super Yang-Mills theory at large ‘t Hooft coupling. At large N these states
are degenerate and to obtain their anomalous dimensions as expansions in 1
N2 one has to solve a mixing
problem. We conjecture a formula for the leading anomalous dimensions of all long double-trace operators
which exhibits a large residual degeneracy whose structure we describe. Our formula can be related to
conformal Casimir operators which arise in the structure of leading discontinuities of supergravity loop
corrections to four-point correlators of half-BPS operators.