Publication details for Paul HeslopAprile, F., Drummond, J.M., Heslop, P. & Paul, H. (2018). Unmixing supergravity. Journal of High Energy Physics 2018(2): 133.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP02(2018)133
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We examine the double-trace spectrum of N=4 super Yang-Mills theory in the supergravity limit. At large N double-trace operators exhibit degeneracy. By considering free-field and tree-level supergravity contributions to four-point functions of half-BPS operators we resolve the degeneracy for a large family of double-trace operators. The mixing problem reveals a surprisingly simple structure which allows us to obtain their three-point functions at leading order in the large N expansion as well as their leading anomalous dimensions.