Publication details for Dr Florent MichelMichel, Florent & Moss, Ian G. (2018). Relativistic collapse of axion stars. Physics Letters B 785: 9-13.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0370-2693 (print)
- DOI: 10.1016/j.physletb.2018.07.063
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We study the gravitational collapse of axion dark matter in null coordinates, assuming spherical symmetry. Compared with previous studies, we use a simpler numerical scheme which can run, for relevant parameters, in a few minutes or less on a desktop computer. We use it to accurately determine the domains of parameter space in which the axion field forms a black hole, an axion star or a relativistic Bosenova.