The Centre for Materials Physics has extremely strong links to major scientific and technology companies.
The aims of these links are to:
- To ensure that students are given the best possible opportunities in terms of industrial placements and graduate employment.
- To ensure that a significant proportion of the research carried out in the centre is relevant to industry and is carried out in collaboration with industry.
- To provide its industrial members with strong recruitment opportunities.
- To provide its industrial members with collaborative opportunities ranging from final year projects and design projects through to long term research partnerships.
- To provide its industrial partners with an insight into the latest research findings relevant to their core business and beyond.
Services for Industry
Durham University has a well established services to collaborate and develop partnerships with business and industry.
The Business Engagement Team are primarily focused in the following services for businesses:
- Research Collaboration
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Durham University also provides a vast amount of Analytical Services which are available for use, including many scientific facilities.
The Research Commercialisation Team provides links between technology businesses and academic research.
Please use the boxes below to see the services on offer.