Postgraduate Classics at Durham
As a centre of world-class research, we have a strong commitment to postgraduate provision, and welcome applications for MA and PhD work in any of the (many) research specialities represented in the Department. With one of the largest bodies of permanent staff of any UK Classics Department, we have an unusually wide range of expertise and, of course, unusually wide scope for cross-disciplinary work.
- a dedicated postgraduate computer room for research postgraduates
- departmental library
- two seminar rooms (one fully equipped with audio-visual technology)
- a second dedicated postgraduate computer room for taught postgraduates (with kitchen facilities)
- regular Research Seminar with distinguished visiting speakers (open to all)
- regular Work in Progress Seminar (for staff and postgraduates)
- regular Postgraduate Work in Progress Seminar (postgraduates only)
- annual Departmental Research Project, which explores particular areas of overlapping interest among staff and postgraduate researchers in the Department through international-level conferences, seminars and publications
- the Department is home to the Centre for the Study of the Ancient Mediterranean and the Near East
- the Department is home to the Durham Centre for Classical Reception
click here to find out what postgraduate funding is available within the Arts & Humanites Faculty and how you can apply for it.