Publication details for Prof. Jeremy M. HutsonMeuwly, M. & Hutson, J.M. (1999). Predictions of microwave and far-infrared transitions in He-H+2. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 302(4): 790-792.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0035-8711, 1365-2966
- DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-8711.1999.02187.x
- Keywords: Molecular processes, ISM: molecules.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
A new potential energy surface for the molecular ion He-H2+ is used to predict microwave transitions that may be observable in environments such as circumstellar envelopes and planetary nebulae. For the vibrational ground state, transitions are predicted at wavelengths of 1215, 608, 405, 304, 244, 203, 175, 154, 137 and 124 μm.