Publication details for Dr Mark A. FoxPatel, N. C. D., Oliva-Enrich, J. M. & Fox, M. A. (2017). Geometries of 11-vertex carborane monoanion radicals with 2n+3 skeletal electron counts. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry 2017(38-39): 4568-4574.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1434-1948, 1099-0682
- DOI: 10.1002/ejic.201700419
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
While geometries of 12- and 13-vertex dicarbaborane (carborane) radicals with rare 2n+3 skeletal electrons (SEs) have been determined elsewhere, the geometries of the 11-vertex dicarbaborane monoanion radicals with 2n+3 SEs are established here for the first time by computations in agreement with observed electrochemical and electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy data.