Publication details for Prof. Andrew BeebyDavidson, Ross, Hsu, Yu-Ting, Griffiths, Gareth C., Li, Chenfei, Yufit, Dmitry, Pal, Robert & Beeby, Andrew (2018). Highly Linearized Twisted Iridium(III) Complexes. Inorganic Chemistry 57(22): 14450-14462.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0020-1669 (print), 1520-510X (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1021/acs.inorgchem.8b02818
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Sonogashira coupling with alkyne iridium(phenylpyridine)2(acetylacetone) synthons is used to produce highly linearized twisted iridium(III) complexes with lengths of up to 5 nm. These complexes were mechanically aligned in a polymer matrix, showing an improved contrast ratio with increased length.