Publication details for Prof. Andrew BeebyIshida, Hitoshi, Bünzli, Jean-Claude & Beeby, Andrew (2016). Guidelines for measurement of luminescence spectra and quantum yields of inorganic and organometallic compounds in solution and solid state (IUPAC Technical Report). Pure and Applied Chemistry 88(7): 701-711.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1365-3075 (electronic), 0033-4545 (print)
- DOI: 10.1515/pac-2014-0706
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Guidelines for measuring the luminescence of inorganic compounds, metal complexes, and organometallic compounds are described. Common textbooks and manuals describing luminescence measurements are usually targeted for organic compounds, and are not always suitable for inorganic and organometallic compounds, which emit room-temperature phosphorescence. The report describes problems that researchers may confront while recording emission data and elaborates clear procedures to avoid these problems and provide adequate standardized protocols.