Publication details for Dr Lars-Olof PålssonL. Porrès, A. Holland, L.-O. Pålsson, A.P. Monkman, C. Kemp & A. Beeby (2006). Absolute measurements of photoluminescence quantum yields of solutions using an integrating sphere. Journal of Fluorescence 16(2): 267-273.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1053-0509, 1573-4994
- DOI: 10.1007/s10895-005-0054-8
- Keywords: integrating sphere - photoluminescence - quantum yield - solution
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We demonstrate that absolute measurements of the photoluminescence quantum yield of solutions can be made using an integrating sphere and a conventional fluorimeter. With this method the need for measurements against a luminescence standard is overcome. The sphere is mounted inside a commercial fluorimeter, which gives flexibility in excitation and emission wavelength ranges. A number of compounds have been investigated and the results are compared to literature values and data obtained using a comparative method.