Dr Ezat Khosravi
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
The group's research interests are in the field of synthetic polymer chemistry and involve synthesis, characterisation and evaluation of well-defined novel polymeric materials. A typical project involves monomer synthesis, purification and proof of structures, followed by polymerisation, isolation, purification and study of structure and properties. An outline of some of our research interests are given below.
Self-Healing Polymer Systems
This work involves developing autonomous self-healing polymer composite materials that can heal/repair themselves when micro-cracks have been formed. The interest in automatic healing responses is really inspired by biological systems in which damage triggers an automatic healing response.
Degradable Thermosetting Materials
The aim is to developnew class of well-defined thermosetting materials containing degradable linkages. Our interest is in thermally degradable and biodegradable linkages to promote recyclability and biodegradability of the thermosetting materials.
The research involves application of RAFT and Click polymerisation techniques for the synthesis of a range of well-defined biocompatible and biodegradable polymeric materials for various industrial applications.
This work involves the application of well-defined initiators in living ROMP of functionalised monomers to prepare a range of novel polymeric materials for various applications. The work also involves design and application of latent ruthenium catalysts for polymerisation/curing reactions at elevated temperatures.
- Structure property relationships in linear and cross-linked poly(imidonorbornenes) using ring opening metathesis polymerisation (ROMP), P.J. Hine, T. Leejarkpai, E. Khosravi, R.A. Duckett and W.J. Feast, Polymer 2001, 42, 9413-9422.
- Synthesis of Copolymers, E. Khosravi, Metathesis Handbook, Edit. R.H. Grubbs, Vol. 3, 2003, 72-117.
- Synthesis of novel block copolymers by transformation of living anionic polymerisation into living ring opening metathesis polymerisation, L.R. Hutchings, E. Khosravi, T.C. Castle, Macromolecules 2004, 37, 2035-2040.
- Ring-Opening Metathesis Polymerisations of 7-tert-Butoxynorbornadiene and its Derivatives: A Study on the Regeneration of Grubbs Catalyst, D.M. Haigh. A.M. Kenwright, E. Khosravi, Tetrahedron 2004, 60, 7217-7224.
- Synthesis of well-defined graft copolymers via coupled living anionic and living ROMP, E. Khosravi, L.R. Hutchings, M. Kujawa-Welten Designed Monomers and Polymers 2004, 7, 619-632.
- Nature of the propagating species in ROMP of oxygen-containing monomers using well-defined ruthenium initiators, D.M. Haigh. A.M. Kenwright, E. Khosravi, Macromolecules 2005, 38, 7571-7579.
- Block copolymers by the conversion of living lithium initiated anionic polymerisation into living ruthenium ROMP, T.C. Castle, E. Khosravi, L.R. Hutchings, Macromolecules 2006, 39, 5639-5645.
- Supporting ruthenium initiator on PolyHIPE, S. Cetinkaya, E. Khosravi, R. Thompson, J. Mol. Cat. A: Chemical 2006, 254, 138-144.
- The synthesis, characterisation and hydrolytic degradation of polylactide-functionalized polyoxanorbornenes, I. Czelusniak, E. Khosravi, A.M. Kenwright, and C.W.G. Ansell, Macromolecules 2007, 40,1444-1452.
- New process for an autonomous self-healing systems, E. Khosravi, M. Majchrzak, P. Hine, Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering (PMSE) Preprint 2010, 102, 237-238.
- Synthesis of a New Smart Temperature Responsive Glycopolymer via Click-Polymerisation, A.M. Eissa, E. Khosravi, European Polymer Journal 2011, 47, 61-69.
- Thermosetting ROMP materials with thermally degradable linkages, E. Khosravi, F. Iqbal, O.M. Musa, Polymer 2011, 52, 243-249.
- Latent ruthenium initiators containing fluoro aryloxide ligands, Z. Yu, Y. Rogan, E. Khosravi, O.M. Musa, L. Hobson, and A.S. Batsanov, Journal of Organometallic Chemistry 2011, 696, 1591-1599.
- A versatile method for functionalisation and grafting of HEC via Click polymerisation, A.M. Eissa, E. Khosravi, A.L. Cimecioglu, Carbohydrate Polymers 2012, 90, 859-896.
- Cole, D. P. Khosravi, E. & Musa, O. M. (2016). Efficient water-soluble drag reducing star polymers with improved mechanical stability. Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry 54(3): 335-344.
- Eissa, AM, Khosravi, E & Cimecioglu, AL (2012). A versatile method for functionalization and grafting of 2-hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) via Click chemistry. Carbohydrate Polymers 90(2): 859-869.
- Castle, T.C., Khosravi, E. & Hutchings, L.R. (2006). Block copolymers by the conversion of living lithium initiated anionic polymerization into living ruthenium ROMP. Macromolecules 39(17): 5639-5645.
- Cetinkaya, S., Khosravi, E. & Thompson, R. (2006). Supporting ruthenium initiator on PolyHIPE. Journal of molecular catalysis A chemical 254(1-2): 138-144.