Dr Elizabeth Grayson
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
After a D.Phil. and two years postdoctoral research in synthetic organic chemistry, I had a nineteen-year break from research, but maintained contact with the subject by doing chemical translations, literature work and part-time university teaching.
Having held a Daphne Jackson returner's fellowship for 2 years and then a Leverhulme research grant for 2 1/2 years, I am now a part-time teaching fellow and also do research, mainly in collaboration with Dr Ben Davis (now at Oxford University). I work on new approaches to oligosaccharide synthesis.
- "Addition of some Electrophilic Reagents to a b-Unsaturated Silanes", E J Thomas & G H Whitham, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun., 1979, 212.
- "Some Epoxide Ring Opening Reactions of a b-Epoxysilanes", A P Davis, G J Hughes, C M Robbins, E J Thomas & G H Whitham, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans 1, 1981, 1934 .
- "Diastereoselective Synthesis of Nitroaldol Derivatives", D Seebach, A K Beck, T Mukhopadhyay & E J Thomas, Helv. Chim. Acta. 1982, 65, 1101.
- "Addition of Iodine-based Electrophilic Reagents to some Vinylsilanes", E.J. Grayson (nee Thomas) & G H Whitham, Tetrahedron, 1988, 44, 4087.
- Chapters 55 and 56 of "Rodd's Chemistry of Carbon Compounds", Second Supplements to the 2nd Edition", vol. IV, 1999. "Compounds with Larger Heterocyclic Rings, Eight-membered Ring Compounds and Compounds with Rings of more than Eight Atoms", E J Grayson, P M Kelly & J A H MacBride.
- "Glycosyl disulfides: Novel Glycosylating Reagents with Flexible Aglycon Alteration" E.J. Grayson, S.J. Ward, A.L. Hall, P.M. Rendle, D.P. Gamblin, A.S.Batsanov & B.G. Davis, J. Org. Chem., 2005, 70, 9740
- "A Tuneable Method for N-Debenzylation of Benzylamino Alcohols", E.J. Grayson & B.G. Davis, Org. Lett., 2005, 7, 2361
- "From Disulfide- to Thioether-linked Glycoproteins" G. J. Bernades, E. J. Grayson, S. Thompson, J.M. Chalker, J. C. Errey, F. El Oualid, T. D. W. Claridge & B. G. Davis, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed., 2008, 47, 1-5
- "A Coordinated Synthesis and Conjugation Strategy for the Preparation of Homogeneous Glycoconjugate Vaccine Candidates" E. J. Grayson, G. J. L. Bernades, J. M. Chalker, O. Boutureira, J. R. Koeppe & B. G. Davis, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2011, 50, 4127-4132
- Aguilar, J.A., Kiraly, P., Adams, R.W., Bonneau, M., Grayson, E.J., Nilsson, M., Kenwright, A.M. & Morris, G.A. (2015). Ultra-high dispersion NMR reveals new levels of detail. RSC Advances 5(65): 52902-52906.