How to apply
If you would like to apply for studentship within the EPSRC funded Centre for Doctoral Training in Soft Matter and Functional Interfaces then please see the linked pages for further information.
(Ph.D. and M.Sc.)
Postgraduate applications are accepted throughout the year, but project/study start dates are normally 1st October and 1st January each year.
To apply, please follow the instructions listed below
1) Decide which of the six research groupings you are interested in:
- Bioactive Chemistry and Synthesis
- Catalysis and Sustainable Chemical Processes
- Computational & Dynamics
- Functional Molecules & Materials
- Physical Organic and Assembly
- Soft Matter and Interfaces
2) Choose at least three possible research supervisors by reading the Chemistry Department's individual staff research profiles.
3) Apply on-line by completing the University's Online Application Form.
Note: In the 'Programme Details' section (Checklist item 6) only the following information is required:
- state at least one research grouping
- state at least three potential supervisors
- the title of a specific research project if already discussed with your proposed supervisor (optional)
4) Please complete and send the following documents via email to Jean Eccleston
- the chemistry pre-registration form (see bottom of this page)
- a full CV (including undergraduate module marks and exam results).
5) Ask two academic referees to complete the referees forms. These should be returned to the Department directly (either via email to Jean Eccleston or by post to the address below) in a sealed and signed envelope. Referees may download the form (Word format) using the link above. Click here for further details about references.
Please note, your application cannot be considered until we have all this information.
Department of Chemistry
DH1 3LE, UK
Telephone: (0191) 334 2100