How to apply
If you would like to apply for studentship within the EPSRC funded Centre for Doctoral Training in Soft Matter and Functional Interfaces then please see the linked pages for further information.
If you would like to apply for a studentship within the EPSRC funded Centre for Doctoral Training in MoSMed then please see the link for further information: https://research.ncl.ac.uk/mosmed/
(Ph.D. and M.Sc.)
Postgraduate applications are accepted throughout the year, but project/study start dates are normally 1st October and 1st January each year.
To apply, please follow the instructions listed below
1) Decide which of the six research groupings you are interested in:
- Bioactive Chemistry and Synthesis
- Catalysis and Sustainable Chemical Processes
- Computational & Dynamics
- Functional Molecules & Materials
- Physical Organic and Assembly
- Soft Matter and Interfaces
2) Choose at least three possible research supervisors by reading the Chemistry Department's individual staff research profiles.
3) Apply on-line by completing the University's Online Application Form.
Note: In the 'Programme Details' section (Checklist item 6) only the following information is required:
- state at least one research grouping
- state at least three potential supervisors
- the title of a specific research project if already discussed with your proposed supervisor (optional)
Department of Chemistry
Telephone: (0191) 334 2100â€¨