Cobb Group Publications* [*not including conference papers, book chapters or patents][For Postdoc and PhD publications please see Web of Science or ResearchID]
(46) Zong J., Cobb SL, Cameron NR*. “Peptide-functionalized Gold Nanoparticles: Versatile Biomaterials for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications”, Biomaterials Science, 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C7BM00006E
(45) A. M. Webster and S. L. Cobb* “Synthesis of biaryl linked cyclic peptoids” Tet. Lett., 2017, 58(10), 1010-1014 [http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0040403917301405]
(44) H. L. Bolt, G. A. Eggimann, C. A. B. Jahoda, R. N. Zuckermann, G. J. Sharples*, S. L. Cobb* “A closer look at peptoid antibacterial activity and toxicity” MedChemComm. 2017, Advanced Article.
(43) Lijun Jiang, Rongfeng Lan, Tao Huang, Chi-Fai Chan, Hongguang Li, Sam Lear, Jingyi Zong, Wing-Yan Wong,Magnolia Muk-Lan Lee Brandon Dow Chan, Wai-Lun Chen, Wai-Sum Lo, Nai-Ki Mak, Graham S. Taylor,* Zhao-Xiang Bian, William C. S. Tai, Ga-Lai Law, Wing-Tak Wong,* Steven L. Cobb,* and Ka-Leung Wong*, “EBNA1-targeted probe for the imaging and growth inhibition of tumours associated with the Epstein–Barr virus” Nat. Biomed. Eng. 2017, Published nline. [DOI:10.1038/s41551-017-0042] [http://www.nature.com/articles/s41551-017-0042]
(42) H.L. Bolt, C.E.J Williams, R.V. Brooks, R.N. Zuckermann*, S. L. Cobb* and E.H.C Bromley* “Log D versus HPLC derived hydrophobicity: The development of predictive tools to aid in the rational design of bioactive peptoids” Bioploymers, 2017, Published online. [
41 Zhou Y, Chan CF, Kwong DW, Law GL, Cobb SL, Wong WK, Wong KL*. “αvβ3-isoform specific erbium complexes highly specific for bladder cancer imaging and photodynamic therapy” Chemm. Comm., 2017, 3;53(3):557-560
(40) Luoa Y., Bolt HL., Eggimann GA., McAuley DF., McMullan R., Curran T., Cobb SL*, Lundy FT* "Peptoid efficacy against Candida albicans biofilms determined using qPCR with propidium monoazide" ChemBioChem, 2017, 18, 111– 118
(39) H. L. Bolt, P. W. Denny and S. L. Cobb* "An efficient method for the synthesis of peptoids with mixed lysine-type/arginine-type monomers and evaluation of their anti-leishmanial activity" J. Vis. Exp. 2016, (117), e54750.
(38) Lear S., Munshi T., Hudson AS., Hatton C., Clardy J., Mosely JA., Bull TJ., Sit CS.,* and S. L. Cobb SL.* "Total Chemical Synthesis of Lassomycin and Lassomycin-amide" Org. Biomol. Chem. 2016, 14, 4534-4541
(37) Bolt HL, Eggimann GA, Denny PW,* and Cobb SL.,* "Enlarging the chemical space of anti-leishmanials: a structure-activity relationship study of peptoids against Leishmania mexicana, a causative agent of cutaneous leishmania" ChemMedComm. 2016, 7, 799-805 [selected as a 2016 ChemMedComm Hot Article - Journal Cover]
(36) Lear S* and Cobb SL “Pep-Calc.com: a set of web utilities for the calculation of peptide and peptoid properties and automatic mass spectral peak assignment” J. Comput. Aided Mol. Des. 2016, 30, 271-277
(35) Bolt HL., Cobb SL.*, "A practical method for the synthesis of peptoids containing both lysine-type and arginine-type monomers" Org. Biomol. Chem., 2016, 14, 12-11-1215
(34) C-F. Chan, C. Xie, M-K Tsang, S Lear, L. Dai, Y. Zhou, J. Cicho, M. Karbowiak, D. Hreniak,* R. Lan,* S.L. Cobb, M. H-W. Lam, J. Hao, and K-L. Wong* “The Effects of Morphology and Linker Length on the Properties of Peptide–Lanthanide Upconversion Nanomaterials as G2 Phase Cell Cycle Inhibitors” Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2015, 2015(27), 4539-45-45
(33) West CW, Bull JN, Hudson AS, Cobb SL and Verlet JRR* "Excited State Dynamics of the Isolated Green Fluorescent Protein Chromophore Anion Following UV Excitation" J. Phys. Chem. B, 2015, 119(10), 3982-3987
(32) Tatum NJ, Yufit DS, Cobb SL* and Coxon CR* "Synthesis, Ni(II) Schiff base complexation and structural analysis of fluorinated analogs of the ligand (S)-2-[N-(N′-benzylprolyl)amino]benzophenone (BPB)" J. Fluorine Chem, 2015, 173, 77-83.
(31) C-F. Chan, R. Lan, Ming-K Tsang, D. Zhou, S. Lear, Wai-Lun Chan, S.L. Cobb*, W-K Wong, J. Hao, W-T. Wong,* K-L. Wong* “Directional Plk1 Inhibition-Driven Cell Cycle Interruption Using Amphiphilic Thin-Coated Peptide-Lanthanide Upconversion Nanomaterials as in vivo Tumor Suppressors” J. Mater. Chem. B., 2015, 3, 2624-2634.
(30) Eggimann GA, Sweeney K, Bolt HL, Rozatian N, Cobb SL* and Denny PW* "The Role of Lipophosphoglycan in the Resistance of Leishmania mexicana to the Temporin Family of Anti-microbial Peptides" Molecules, 2015, 20(2), 2775-2785
(29) Hudson AS, Caron L, Colgin N, and Cobb SL* "A direct method for the synthesis of orthogonally protected furyl‑ and thienyl‑ amino acids" Amino Acids, 2015, 47(4):779-85
(28) Eggimann GA, Bolt HL, Denny PW* and Cobb SL* "Investigating the Anti-leishmanial Effects of Linear Peptoids", ChemMedChem, 2015, 10(2):233-7 [Inside Journal Cover]
(27) O’Connor NK, Hudson AS, Cobb SL, O’Neil D, Robertson J, Duncan V and Murphy CD "Novel fluorinated lipopeptides from Bacillus sp. CS93 via precursor-directed biosynthesis" Amino Acids, 2014, 46(12):2745-52.
(26) Li H, Chan CF, Chan WL, Lear S, Cobb SL*, Mak NK, Lau TC, Lan R,* Wong WK,* Wong KL*., "Monitoring and Inhibition of Plk1: Amphiphilic porphyrin con-jugated Plk1 specific peptides for its imaging and anti-tumor function" Org. Biomol. Chem. 2014, 12, 5876-5882
(25) A. M. Webster, C. R. Coxon, A. M. Kenwright, G. Sandford, and S. L. Cobb*, "A Mild Method for the Synthesis of a Novel Dehydrobutyrine Containing Amino Acid", Tetrahedron, 2014, 70 (31), 4661–4667
(24) Chi-Fai Chan, Ming-Kiu Tsang, Hongguang Li, Rongfeng Lan, F. L. Chadbourne, Wai-Lun Chan, Ga-Lai Law*, Steven L Cobb,* Jia-Hua Hao,* Wing-Tak Wong,* Ka-Leung Wong* "Bifunctional Up-converting Lanthanide Nanoparticles for Selective In-Vitro Imaging and Inhibition of Cyclin D as Anti-Cancer Agents". J. Mater. Chem. B, 2014, 2 (1), 84 - 91
(23) J.A. Foster, R.M. Edkins, G.J. Cameron, N. Colgin, K. Fucke, S. Ridgeway, A.G. Crawford, T.B. Marder, A. Beeby, S.L. Cobb and J.W. Steed* "Blending gelators to tune gel structure and probe anion induced disassembly" Chem. Eur. J. 2014, 20(1), 279-291
(22) C. West, A.S. Hudson, S.L. Cobb, and J. Verlet* “Autodetachment versus Internal Conversion from the S1 state of the Isolated GFP Chromophore Anion” J. Chem. Phys. 2013, 139 (7), 071104
(21) Li H., Chadbourne FL, Lan R., Chi-Fai Chan, Wai-Lun Chan W-L, Law G-L,* Chi-Sing Lee,* Cobb SL,*and Wong K-L* "Real time detection of cell cycle regulator cyclin A on living tumor cells with europium emission". Dalton Trans. 2013 42 (37), 13495 - 13501
(20) Hudson AS., Hoose A, Coxon CR.,Sandford G. and Cobb SL*, Synthesis of a novel tetrafluoropyridine containing amino acid and tripeptide.Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54(36), 4865-4867
(19) Saleki M, Colgin N, Kirby JA, Cobb SL and Ali S.* Evaluation of two cyclic di-peptides as inhibitors of CCL2 induced chemotaxis. Med. Chem. Comm., 2013, 4, 860-864
(18) Trmcic M, Chadbourne FL, Brear PM, Denny PW, Cobb SL and Hodgson DRW*, Aqueous Synthesis of N,S-Dialkylthiophosphoramidates: Design, Optimisation, Application to Library Construction and Anti-Leishmanial Testing, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2013, 11 (16), 2660 - 2675
(17) Colgin N, Tatum NJ, Pohl E, Cobb SL*, G. Sandford*. Synthesis and molecular structure of a perfluorinated pyridyl carbanion. J. Fluorine Chem. 2012, 133, 33-37
(16) Colgin N, Flinn T, Cobb SL*. Synthesis and properties of MIDA boronate containing aromatic amino acids: New peptide building blocks. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2011, 9, 1864 – 1870.
(15) Kong HK, Chadbourne FL, Law GL, Ko CYT, Tam HL, Cobb SL*, Lau CK, Lee CS, Wong KL*. Two-Photon Induced Responsive f-f Emissive Detection for Cyclin A with Europium-Chelating Peptide. Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 8052-8054.
(14) Chadbourne FL, Raleigh C, Ali HZ, Denny PW, Cobb SL*. Studies on the antileishmanial properties of the antimicrobial peptides Temporin A, B and 1Sa. J. Pept. Sci. 2011, 17, 751-755
(13) Cobb SL* and Denny PW. “Antimicrobial peptides for leishmaniasis" Curr. Opinion in Investig. Drugs, 2010, 11 8868-875.
(12) Cobb SL,* Murphy CD. 19F NMR in chemical-biology. J. Fluorine Chem. 2009, 130, 132-143.
Book Chapters/ Patents
Cobb SL and Sit C, Chapter - Anti-infective peptides, 2015, ‘Advances in the Discovery and Development of Peptide Therapeutics‘, Future Science Group Publishing.
Cobb SL, Bolt HB, UK PATENT APPLICATION NUMBER 1513444.8 (July 2015)
Cobb SL, Coxon CR, Sandford G, Peptide Stapling, International (PCT) Patent Application No. PCT/GB2015/051543
Cobb SL, Coxon CR, Sandford G, Peptide Functionalisation - International (PCT) Patent Application No. PCT/GB2015/051542