Open Days / Visit Days
It's never too soon to start planning your future and the Careers & Enterprise Centre is here to help even before you arrive at university.
For inspiration on getting started, research the following:
- The 'What do Durham graduates do' section on our website to read reports and destination information of Durham graduates since they left University
- The 'What can I do with my degree?' series is another excellent source of information, from Prospects, which you can use when considering career ideas.
The Careers & Enterprise Centre supports the University’s Pre-application open days and Post offer visit days. Our Careers Advisers deliver talks to prospective students at the Open Days but visitors to either day are welcome to call in to see the Careers Centre and to pick up literature and resources that are available to help students make well informed careers choices.
For more information on Open Days please see www.dur.ac.uk/study/ug/visit/preapp/
Here are some recent comments from our Open Days:
“So pleased we stopped here!
Fantastic staff, so informative, so friendly. This has given us a great guide to understanding what we need to achieve and directions we need to be taking - thank you so much.”
“Informative and very friendly – visited on Post Offer Visit Day between visiting college and subject talks – lots of information on what I can do with a history degree and areas of work and opportunities whilst studying.
Made me feel happier with my choice of subject thank you very much.”
The University Skills Audit is a set of resources to help you assess your skills before you come to Durham. Find out:
- which skills are important.
- which skills you are already good at.
- how you can use your time at University to further develop your skills.
The resources generate results which are personal to you and are completely confidential. It is accessed online through duo under the Employability & Skills tab and you should login and complete it before you arrive in Durham in October. Please note: the skills audit is available to Durham University students who have successfully completed the application process