Work Experience Events & Initiatives
Summer of Experience
Winners announced! Congratulations to:
Annabelle Nolan – A Summer of Experience
Chapman Hau – A Virtual Summer of Experience
Rebecca Litvack – Locked in Spain!
The panel also awarded Phoebe Thomas with a Highly Commended award, for her video entry, entitled My 2020 Summer.
Did you have a summer of experience?
If you already know about the Summer of Experience competition, you’ll know that it is designed to inspire students to do something meaningful, and beneficial to their employability, with their summer vacation. We then ask you to tell us about it – for the chance to win an award and prize.
We are interested in hearing about all experiences; from voluntary work, updating your skills via online and remote courses, to internships undertaken either in a traditional way or remotely – please tell us about what you did! We are keen to hear about the personal skills you gained; resilience and determination for example, as well as the employability skills.
This competition is open to all students, regardless of year or course of study.
How to enter
We invite students to submit a short report of their summer's experience – this can be via:
- entry form or,
- short video (STRICTLY no more than 5 minutes).
The choice is yours. There is no need to do both.
Summer vacation 2021 entries will open in September 2021.
Then what happens?
All entries are viewed by a panel of judges from Careers & Enterprise:
- The panel awards 1st, 2nd and 3rd places (and in some cases Highly Commended)
- Each of these awarded students receive a certificate
- Students awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd places receive a £20 Amazon gift voucher
- Entrants will have the opportunity to have their ‘Summer of Experience’ published on our website, if selected, and may be invited to speak (remotely) at the Work Experience Forum in November.