Work Experience Events & Initiatives
Summer of Experience
Did you have a summer of experience?
Summer of Experience is a competition designed to inspire students to do something meaningful, and beneficial to their employability, with their summer vacation. We then ask you to tell us about it – for the chance to win an award and prize. We are interested in hearing about all experiences; from voluntary work, summers spent travelling, to internships in the City - and anything in between! This initiative is open to all students, regardless of year or course of study.
How to enter
We invite students to submit a short report of their summer's experience – this can be via :
- entry form
- short video
The choice is yours. There is no need to do both. Click here to enter
Then what happens?
All entries are viewed by a panel of judges from Careers & Enterprise:
- The panel award 1st, 2nd and 3rd places (and in some cases Highly Commended)
- Each of these awarded students receive a certificate
- Students awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd places receive a £20 Amazon gift voucher
- Entrants will have the opportunity to have their 'Summer of Experience' published on our website, if selected, and may be invited to speak at our Work Experience Forum on 27th November.
- Competition opens Tuesday 1st October
- Last date for entries Monday 28th October
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome by mid-November
How do I enter?
Enter the Summer of Experience 2019 by clicking here. You will be asked to provide; an outline of your experience, personal highlights, what you learnt/gained from the experience, and your advice to students considering a similar experience. You can also submit a photograph to support your entry.
Natalia Falacinska - A Journalistic Eye-Opener
Natalie Howard – 12 Weeks of Project Management
Faheem Musa – My Summer of Experience
The judges also awarded two Highly Commended awards as follows:
George Wilson – Research Assistant at NIAB EMR
Natasha Livingstone - Pave Internship: Telegraph India, video entry
Congratulations to all winners!
To find out more about some of the winners experiences, come along to the Work Experience Forum