Benefits of Part Time & Vacation Work
Working as a student can provide you with more than just extra cash in your pocket; there are a wide range of benefits that come with working part-time:
- Graduate recruiters want to see work experience on applicants’ CVs, and good quality part-time work can be as valuable as an internship.
- Working part-time allows you to develop key employability skills that you can’t learn in a classroom. These include teamwork, communication, punctuality and the ability to handle stress in a real work environment.
- Stepping out of your comfort zone and working in your local community can really help to build confidence, develop your social skills and teach you how to adapt to new situations, as well as being a great way of making new friends.
- Working as a student is an easy way of building networks and collecting references; especially if your job will be relevant to your chosen career.
- Working part-time shows self-motivation, commitment and reliability; all of which will make your graduate applications stand out from the crowd in an increasingly competitive market.