Social Impact Fund
Applications for the Social Impact Fund are welcomed from any student-led social enterprise, organisation or project at Durham University.
The fund supports enterprising projects that aim to have positive social impact. To be eligible, projects must meet the following criteria:
- Seek to address at least one of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Have an enterprising or novel element
- Be a new project or add a new dimension to an existing project
- Be completed within 12 months of receiving funding
How can the funding be used?
Legitimate project costs approved by Careers & Enterprise, such as:
- Project exploration e.g. market research costs.
- Implementation costs e.g. travel and accommodation, software and capital items.
How much can I apply for?
Up to a maximum of £2000. All eligible applications will be considered.
What is the application process?
This is a competitive process, which has two stages:
- Complete the application form (which can be accessed in the resources section below)
- Selected applicants will be invited to present their project to an independent panel who will decide which projects will receive funding.
How do I apply?
Applications for the Social Impact Fund are now closed. The Social Impact Fund will open again in January 2020.
Please contact Rachel Bickerdike if you have any questions.