Support for SMEs
We appreciate that University support can be difficult for businesses to navigate, particularly for those with limited resources.
We have listed the main ways we can support SMEs below, but please do get in touch using the contact details provided if you have any specific requirements or would like to discuss anything in more detail.
Employer Services Manager
Call: 0191 334 1440
Recruiting graduates, interns or placement students
- We offer a free vacancy advertising service where you can register your organisation and upload and job adverts for graduate roles, internships, placements or local part-time work. The system is self-service and simple to use, and all vacancies listed are available to all current Durham University students and a number of registered graduates.
- You can take out an advert in our weekly email bulletin to further promote your vacancies - a discounted rate for SMEs is available for this service.
- Businesses offering exclusive opportunities to Durham University students will be offered email advertising, social media postings and targeted promotion to students free of charge.
For more information about online vacancy advertising and a link to the online system, please visit our Advertise Opportunities webpage.
To discuss offering exclusive opportunities or developing a collaborative relationship with the Careers Service, please contact Ann Herzog, Employer Engagement Officer, at email@example.com or call 0191 334 1433.
Financial support and funding
We have a range of funding opportunities and discounts available to SMEs:
- SMEs can attend Durham University career fairs at a discounted rate.
- Discounts are available for SMEs booking drop-in recruitment events.
SMEs based in County Durham can access funding to employ interns through the Durham SME Intership Scheme.
- Any SME can access part or full funding to employ a student or recent graduate into a short-term project role through the Santander Universities SME Internship Programme.
- Social Enterprises can engage with Durham University students via the Social Enterprise Live programme
All of the above financial support and funding is subject to availability.
For more information please contact Laura Smith, Employer Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 334 1440.
Research & Innovation Services
Durham University works with external organisations across a wide range of sectors. Whether you are interested in collaborating with our world-leading academics or you wish to access our research facilities and equipment, we can work with you.
For more information on how Durham University can help you with all aspects of research and research-related work, including securing funding, working with partners, undertaking knowledge exchange, demonstrating impact, commercialising outputs, ensuring good research practice and supporting professional development, visit the Research & Innovation Services webpages.