Santander Universities SME Internship Programme
As a Santander Universities partner, Durham University participates in the Santander Universities SME Internship Programme. The initiative provides part or full funding for SMEs to employ a student or recent graduate on a project lasting between 2 and 10 weeks, offering meaningful work experience opportunities for students and bringing new ideas, skills and a valuable additional resource to the company, creating a unique partnership.
One of the many benefits of this scheme is to raise the profile of SMEs as an option for graduate employment after university.
Projects should involve graduate-level work and we look for opportunities suitable for students across all subjects and departments.
Typically the timetable for projects is:
January- March: Projects submitted
March: Projects selected for funding
March/ April: Internships advertised to Durham University students
April/ May: Shortlisting and interviews
June – Oct: Internships take place in the summer vacation
Recent projects have included:
- Junior science business writer for a business writing and message consultancy
- Marketing intern for a health tech start up
- Research Intern in a cross party think tank
- Theoretical design and modelling for an optical communications systems organisation
- Investment Analyst in an agribusiness private equity firm
- Exhibition intern in a contemporary art gallery
If you would like to submit a project for consideration or discuss the scheme in more detail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.