What do Durham undergraduates do?
For 2010-11 leavers, six months after completing their undergraduate course at Durham:
- 87% of our undergraduates were in work or further study.
- 30% went on to do postgraduate study
- 6% found work abroad.
- 3% took a gap year.
- 13% were combining work and further study
- the level of unemployment was 7.6%; this is lower than the national average (9%).
- the biggest employers for undergraduate leavers were: the education sector (including teaching) (8%); accountancy, including the big 4 professional services firms (PwC, Deloitte, KPMG and Ernst and Young), (6%); local and central government (4%); and Healthcare (2%).
- the North East was the 3rd most popular region for employment with 7% of leavers staying in the region to work, London was the top destination with 21% of leavers heading there to work.
For more detailed information by course including information on graduate's job titles, salaries, employers and further study destinations, please click this link to our new reporting tool -Graduate Employment Market Statistics (GEMS).