What do Durham undergraduates do?
For 2013-14 leavers, six months after completing their undergraduate course at Durham:
- 88% of our undergraduates were in work or further study.
- 30% went on to do postgraduate study
- 7% found work abroad.
- 5% were taking time out in order to travel.
- 8% were combining work and further study
- the level of unemployment was 5%; this is lower than the national average (6%).
- the North East was the 2nd most popular region for employment with 14% of employed leavers staying in the region to work, London was the top destination with 36% of employed leavers heading there to work.
For more detailed information by course including information on graduate's job titles, salaries, employers and further study destinations, please click this link to our reporting tool - Graduate Employment Market Statistics (GEMS).