This page contains links to organisations that offer support, advice and information within the context of disability and employment.
- .AGCAS Diversity Matters - Disability and Mental Health is careers and employment information targeted primarily at graduate jobseekers
- Target Jobs - Equality and diversity in graduate recruitment
- Gov UK - disability rights - Access to government information and services. Useful section on employment and disability and specialist services for disabled job seekers.
- Association of Disabled Professionals
- Scope Leadership Recruitment - 12 month work placement scheme for disabled people of graduate calibre.
- Disabled Workers Co-operative
- Diverse Cymru - promoting equality in Wales
- Guardian Careers Diversity Hub - articles and comments
- Shaw Trust - National Charity that provides training and work opportunities for people who are disadvantaged in the labour market.
- You're Able - This site covers a whole range of topics relating to disability, and hosts discussion groups. A good source of links and addresses. Includes a forum on employment-related issues.
- Disability Now - On-line version of national newspaper concerned with disability issues. It contains news, features and links, including relevant employment and training sites.
- 4 Disabled Talent - Promotion of disabled people within the TV industry.
- BBC Extend Scheme - award-winning, BBC-wide work placement scheme which offers appropriately experienced and/or qualified disabled people a great opportunity to gain six months paid work experience within the BBC.
- Employability - not-for-profit organisation dedicated to assisting people with all disabilities into employment.
- Your Work Health - general information on living with a long term health condition. Includes pages on managing work, issues at work and finding work.
- RNIB Website - Royal National Institute for the Blind site contains useful information on employment and job hunting as well as vacancy details.
- Action for Blind People - Action for Blind People is a national charity that provides practical support to blind and partially sighted people through work, housing, leisure and support.
- Blind in Business - Blind in Business is a charity based in the City of London. Help young blind students and young blind graduates through their Employment and Training Services.
- Action on Hearing Loss- (formally Royal National Institute for Deaf) is the largest charity working to change the world for the UK’s 9 million deaf and hard of hearing people. They provide a range of support to individuals including a one to one employment service.
- The Royal Association for Deaf People - includes an employment service in certain regions, and job vacancies.
- DeafLawyersUK - collaboration between UK based Deaf and hard of hearing lawyers, students and those trying to access the profession.
- DeafClub - links to deaf related job/career sites, including Deaf-UK-Jobs; a group which specifically advertises vacancies that are deaf related. Not a website but an Email service that can be registered for.
Organisations for People with Specific Disabilities
Autism and Asperger's Syndrome
- National Autistic Society - also see the Transforming Lives Project researching transition at 16-25 years
- Diabetes UK - employment information