The Careers & Enterprise service is fully committed to ensuring that our support and wide range of activities are inclusive and accessible to all our students and graduates.
Accessibility and facilities available for individuals with a disability
- Portable induction hearing loop system available for use in face to face 1:1 careers appointments - please let us know if you would like to use this
- Accessible enquiry desk in the Careers & Enterprise Information Centre
- Longer or alternative type (e.g. telephone, Microsoft Teams, Zoom or e-mail) of careers appointments available, please contact us to discuss your requirements
- Access and reasonable adjustments at careers events and activities: please contact us to discuss your individual needs
- Alternate format documents and resources - please contact us to discuss your individual needs
***Throughout Michaelmas term 2020, our service is operating remotely - please refer to our home page for more information***
Information and Resources
Employers and external organisations often promote diversity-focused initiatives relevant to the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010 (e.g. women, BAME, LGBT+, individuals with a disability). We actively share such 'positive action initiatives' on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages @careersatdurham.
We have a comprehensive diversity area of our website, including student and graduate guides to each of the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010 and, in addition, information on discrimination, disclosure, criminal records and identifying inclusive employers.
If you are attending an external event or activity, enquiries relating to access or reasonable adjustments should be directed to the event organiser.