Publication details for UNESCO Professor Robin ConinghamDavis, C.E., Coningham, R.A.E., Gunawardhana, P., Pushparatnam, P., Schmidt, A. & Manuel, M.J. (2019). The antiquity of Jaffna Fort: new evidence from post-disaster archaeological investigations in northern Sri Lanka. Antiquity 93(368): e13.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: ISSN: 0003-598X, ESSN: 1745-1744
- DOI: 10.15184/aqy.2019.30
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Post-disaster archaeological investigations at Jaffna Fort have revealed material demonstrating pre-colonial contact, shedding new light on the importance of the site in Indian Ocean trade and communications networks before European occupation.