Aims & Objectives
The overriding aim of CAROD is to support the University Strategy by providing focused organisational and development initiatives for all members of the University's staff and postgraduate student communities.
This aim is achieved in a number of ways:
- By providing a range of development programmes and workshops that are open to all members of staff. This annual programme is developed and refined each year to reflect the priorities of the University
- By providing a number of targeted initiatives that are appropriate to specific staff and student groups
- By developing bespoke training and development interventions for individuals, teams and departments, for example team building events
- By providing help, advice and guidance on a range of organisational and personal development issues, needs and priorities
- By maintaining strong links with other institutions and training providers.
- By helping staff develop their careers within the University
CAROD provides the majority of the training at the University including: leadership, research, teaching, mentoring, coaching, professional support staff development, equality and diversity training, with other elements of the University providing training in specialised areas. Bookings for all training taking place at the University can be made through the training course booking system.
CAROD supports all academic, research and support staff as well as postgraduate students ensuring they have the skills, qualities and qualifications to undertake their roles to the highest standard, constantly reviewing its provision against both the University strategic drives and the individual needs of departments and individuals.