Special Interest Groups
Our Special Interest Groups have been created, and are populated by academics who can address the beginning, middle and end of an issue or problem. By identifying aspects of health and wellbeing that need to be addressed and describing the depths of that issue, we can then work together to interact with stakeholders, that may be the public, clinical partners, healthcare professionals, policy makers etc. to use our expertise and evidence base to improve health and wellbeing locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
These groups bring together an interdisciplinary team of academics and researchers under the topics of;
- Smoking - Dr Andrew Russell, Dept of Anthropology
- Pain - Dr Paul Chazot, School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Conspiracy Theories in Health, Dr Jamie Tehrani, Department of Anthropology
- Global Health, Dr Kate Hampshire, Department of Anthropology
- Physical Activity, Dr Caroline Dodd-Reynolds, School of Applied Social Science
- Anxiety and Social Interaction, Dr Mike Burt, Psychology
- Technology Enhanced Learning, Dr Andrew Joyce-Gibbons, School of Education
Contact the Wolfson generic email address firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
Would you like to form a Special Interest Group?
Our special interest groups are made up of academics from different fields that investigate the beginning, the middle and the end of an issue relating to Health and Well-Being. In this way, we can marshal our shared expertise to find out and describe what the problem is and work towards a solution. This strategy falls squarely under the University Vision and it is via these groupings that we can support our research expertise and translate our academic enquiry into measurable impact thereby creating a rich research and learning environment for our students. We support our SIGs with resources and expertise to allow them to bring groups of people together and pilot data with the ultimate aim of establishing a stable collective through outputs and impact ready to respond to calls from funding bodies at shorter notice than is usually possible.
If you would like to form a special interest group to address a particular topic, please contact Suzanne Boyd (email@example.com) to set up an appointment with our Executive Director (Amanda Ellison).