How to engage effectively with Parliament and government: a practical workshop for researchers
This interactive workshop will explore techniques to maximise the policy influence of your research within the UK. Throughout the workshop we will explore:
- Parliament, government and how UK laws are made
- Tools and techniques for successful engagement with policy makers
- Common obstacles to achieving policy influence and how to overcome them
- Increasing your influence - keep it local or make it national
- Making policy engagement count – planning for impact.
The workshop will be facilitated by Jennifer Jeffes, the University’s Senior Engagement Manager (Policy and Impact Development). All are invited to bring along and share examples from their own research.
Refreshments will be provided, and registration is essential. Please email email@example.com to register your place.