As Durham University offers subsidised Nursery fee rates to Durham University students and employees, there are two levels of fee rates. For more information on the fees for 2016/17 (applicable between 1 August 2016 and 31 July 2017 please contact us using the online form.
- All rates are inclusive of appropriate snacks, meal and drinks.
- Prices are reviewed annually and any increase normally applies from 1st August.
- Fees are charged for 52 weeks per year.
- One month’s written notice is required when your child leaves the Nursery.
- Late collection is charged at £5 per 15 minutes, if the Nursery is notified that the parent is going to be late, or at £10 per 15 minutes, if the Nursery is not previously notified.
Nursery fees may be paid monthly, in advance (on the 1st of the month) by standing order, childcare voucher or by salary sacrifice (University employees only).
Childcare Vouchers/Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Payment by childcare voucher or salary sacrifice represents a saving on nursery fees as a saving on tax and national insurance is made. Many employers now provide a childcare voucher facility, and we are happy to advise parents/carers on obtaining childcare vouchers.
University employees are able to make a tax and national insurance saving on the whole of their monthly nursery fees payments via the salary sacrifice scheme, as nursery fees are deducted from gross salary, before tax and national insurance payments are deducted. Further details can be provided on request.
- The morning nursery session is from 7.30am to 1pm.
- The afternoon nursery session is from 1pm to 6pm.
Flexible Free Entitlement for the Over Threes
We are registered to provide pre-school education to children over three years, and have places for grant-funded children. We are able to offer, subject to availability, the 'Flexible Free Entitlement' of up to 15 hours free nursery education per week, to be taken over at least two days per week.
Two Years Entitlement
We are also registered to provide for two year olds, funded nursery placements up to 15 hours per week, in accordance with Durham County Council criteria.
Extra sessions, in addition to your child’s regular pattern of attendance, are bookable, subject to availability, on an ad-hoc basis.